Sunday, October 29, 2023

Pretty Little Girly Things

 

Image by Jo Justino from Pixabay

the pretty little girly things

dressed like fairies with shiny wings

fear one thing above all others;

turning into their grandmothers.


a thing of beauty is a joy

admired by all the handsome boys.

boys don't ever want their lovers

turning into their grandmothers.


a pretty girl and desired so

she's adored everywhere she goes.

girls avoid if they've their druthers

turning into their grandmothers.


the pretty little girly things

turning into their grandmothers.

notes

https://experiencewriting.com/2023/10/29/oct-29-prompts-halloween-party/

Imagine you are at a Halloween party in the future. What are you afraid of before you go? Imagine it’s the best Halloween party you could ever go to and nothing goes wrong, everything is the best Halloween party fun you can imagine. Write a poem describing the experience with all of your senses.

I wasn't really feeling those overly optimistic instructions, so you got the gloomy, gritty goods instead.

http://www.shadowpoetry.com/resources/wip/kyriellesonnet.html

A Kyrielle Sonnet consists of 14 lines (three rhyming quatrain stanzas and a non-rhyming couplet). Just like the traditional Kyrielle poem, the Kyrielle Sonnet also has a repeating line or phrase as a refrain (usually appearing as the last line of each stanza). Each line within the Kyrielle Sonnet consists of only eight syllables. French poetry forms have a tendency to link back to the beginning of the poem, so common practice is to use the first and last line of the first quatrain as the ending couplet. This would also re-enforce the refrain within the poem. Therefore, a good rhyming scheme for a Kyrielle Sonnet would be:

AabB, ccbB, ddbB, AB -or- AbaB, cbcB, dbdB, AB.

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~

Image by Gordon Johnson from Pixabay 

It's all right being an old owl
Sometimes you even find a pal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.