Free use image by Artiane on Pixabay
Never been hip, but never conformed,
Been lusted for but never loved;
I am both monster and victim.
Nobody sees me when they look,
They only see someone they've agreed
It's acceptable to throw stones at.
notes
Prompt used:
https://experiencewriting.com/2023/10/07/oct-7-prompts-fear-is-a-monster/
Form used:
https://playground.poetry.blog/2019/10/07/invented-poetry-forms-the-lewis-carroll-square-poem/
I've written a lot about being scapegoated, in this case, for having a large body. If you think it's okay to treat people like trash because they're bigger than you feel they should be, that's a you problem. You need to take a long, hard look at yourself. I spent too many years apologizing for my age, appearance, size, social status, trauma, and everything else. I won't do it anymore.
We know about bullies. Let's talk about concern trolls.
A concern troll is someone who bleats, under the guise of "caring about" another person, "but it isn't HEALTHY for you to eat that/weigh so much." As someone who has endured this kind of shit for decades, trust me, it's never about health.
And now, Ornery Owl teaches you the trick to creating a happier world.
By using the right tools to stop being a tool, the world becomes a better place for people of all sizes!
To learn more about why size shaming and concern trolling make you a tool, start with this.
When you realize it's time to stop being a tool, move on to this:
If you're tired of being a tool to yourself, read the above, and also get this:
People being happy and not hating themselves for silly things like not being an arbitrary "perfect" size makes a better world. That's a real treat!
~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~
"Who should we play tricks on tonight, Owl?"
"I'm thinking bullies and concern trolls, Witchy."
Hangry Wyrm
"Woo-hoo! Girls night out!"
Free use image by Clker Free Vector Images on Pixabay
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.