Monday, October 16, 2023

Wrong-Tober 2023: Three Things

 

Photo by ayush kumar (ayushk9) on Unsplash


Three Things

Ashok Bolesław-Bove simply wanted to get out of his own head for a while. His girlfriend had just broken the news that she was pregnant. Of course he intended to do the right thing. He was a man of integrity, and certainly he was old enough to be a father at thirty-two. However, he was still heartbroken over the death of his Papa Úlfr three years previously from COVID-19, and his Papa Julian had recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. Ashok sat in the bathtub fully clothed, wishing he could drown in the tears that refused to flow from his eyes.

notes

This drabble is the second half of the story I published yesterday. I didn't submit it for publication consideration because it isn't a Damned horror story.

Here's yesterday's drabble.

https://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2023/10/wrong-tober-2023-flying-high-8sunday.html

Pick up your copy of The Damned here:

http://books2read.com/DamnedDrabbles



I will be giving away one copy of The Damned and one copy of the Hot and Sticky anthology from Passionate Ink during the Spooky Good Time party. 


You can find out more about the Hot and Sticky anthology here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.