Photo by David Becker (beckerworks) on Unsplash
Deadly Runoff
Myembaatush Falls were a remarkably majestic sight. The cool, clear melt water from Mount Driaren plunged over a thousand-foot drop to Taldrac Creek, which flowed into Lormorn Lake and supplied water to the little towns of the Barbarum Range.
There were no indicators to warn the people that death flowed from Mount Driaren in this spring’s runoff. The leak from Belciar Mine would not be found until more than a thousand people had perished. Xarbarum, a highly toxic side product created by the Marbarum mining process, is odorless, tasteless, colorless, and not even modern water testing methods can detect it.
notes
I submitted this Drabble for potential inclusion in The Damned anthology from Dragon Soul Press, but it didn't make the cut. That's all right, it's still pretty nifty. That is, if you consider drinking from a tainted water supply nifty.
Pick up your copy of The Damned here:
http://books2read.com/DamnedDrabbles



No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.