Photo by byMATTER MADE BETTER (bymatter) on Unsplash
The Drain
Professor Vladimir Reed-Field wished he had never taken the job at Miskatonic University. He’d never had problems like this when he was teaching at the University of Hawaii. A volcanic eruption would be a welcome change over the sound coming from that damn kitchen sink.
The plumber from Blizzard Pipeworks could find nothing wrong with the drain. She’d scoped it, snaked it, and performed a full flush. She said that sometimes the plumbing in Arkham’s old houses just made odd noises.
The problem wasn’t the pipes themselves. It was the thing inside the pipes that kept whispering the professor’s name.
notes
This is one of five drabbles selected for publication in The Damned anthology from Dragon Soul Press. Yes, I already shared this piece, but my brain was on overload and I cocked the post up. I'm resharing the cleaned-up version today.
Pick up your copy of The Damned here:
http://books2read.com/DamnedDrabbles




I recently read this anthology and enjoyed it very much. Creepy flash fiction is great for October!
ReplyDelete