Photo by fabian jones (fjones) on Unsplash
From Above
Even if the people knew what was coming, there would be no time for them to take shelter. Perhaps it is best they remain unaware. A man in the twilight of his life carries today’s groceries past the fountain in the town square where a father and son sail their boats. Two teenage girls chat while texting other friends for a meet-up. People sit on the street side of the fountain eating lunch or waiting for the bus. Life flows around them as it always does.
There is a flash in the sky; a moment of surprise followed by silence.
notes
I submitted this drabble for potential inclusion in The Damned, but it wasn't selected. That's all right, sickos and psychos, it's still wicked in its own write--er--right!
Pick up your copy of The Damned here.
~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~



No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.