Sunday, October 1, 2023

Wrong-Tober 2023: On the Shore of Blueberry Beach

 

Photo by James Dimas (jamesdimas) on Unsplash

On the Shore of Blueberry Beach

Some things are awful enough to shake the foundations of even the most fervent believers. What Magdalene Khachaturyan found washed up on the shore of Blueberry Beach at the start of summer was not the sort of thing a sensitive-minded thirteen-year-old girl or anyone else should be exposed to.

Maggie’s happy world became a dark and uncertain place. She lost her faith in the gentle God she believed in throughout childhood. Rather than being welcoming sanctuaries, churches now seemed like austere acadamies presided over by strict schoolmasters. The placid face of Jesus was usurped by the abomination from the deep.

notes

Welcome, Boils and Ghouls! Some of you may be participating in Writober, proudly sharing your chilling words with the world. 

I'm doing Writober too. Only I'm not sharing my words with the world yet. I'm saving up to share them with Dragon Soul Press in May 2024. Those disgusting morsels that appeal to them will be published in their forthcoming anthology, The Fear Doctor!

https://dragonsoulpress.com/drabblecalls/

Since I can't share my brand-new set of disgusting drabbles just yet, I had the demented idea to share the drabbles I wrote this April, five of which appeared in The Damned anthology from Dragon Soul Press.

http://books2read.com/DamnedDrabbles

I'll share both the drabbles that were published, those I submitted but they didn't make the cut, and those I didn't submit for whatever reason. Except for one contentious piece.

How contentious can a writer be in 100 words, you may ask.

People have been canceled for 140 characters. 

Enjoy the Wrongness!

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~


Time to get spooky!
Free use image from Pixabay





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.