Photo by Mo (mo_design_3d) on Unsplash
The Pinnacle
The cabin in sixteen-year-old Shideh O’Floinn’s dream was not user-friendly. Innumerable steep steps carved into a slender peak of white stone led to the confounding cottage. The dream always culminated with Shideh plummeting from the precipice just as she reached the strange edifice. Right before she hit the ground, a gust of wind whispered “thirty-two.”
“It’s a foolish structure,” Shideh told her father as the pair prepared for a climbing expedition. “It’s completely open to the elements. I only ever see one room with a plant, a recliner, a table, and two chairs for visitors. I can’t fathom its implication.”
notes
I didn't end up submitting this piece for potential inclusion in The Damned. While it has a paranormal or supernatural feel, it doesn't really scream "horror."
Pick up your copy of The Damned here:
http://books2read.com/DamnedDrabbles



No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.