Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Wrong-Tober 2023: The Investment

 

Photo by Jaromír Kalina (jkalinaofficial) on Unsplash

The Investment

Cambyses Fiala believed the old house was a good investment. His brother Moray agreed, until he realized that Camby planned to refurbish the house rather than razing it and rebuilding. Their partner, Valentyn Asanuma, felt the place contained an evil energy. Camby, however, could sell sawdust to a lumber mill. He convinced his partners that the Winthrop place would be their company’s crowning achievement.

Three days had passed since anyone had seen Cambyses. His tearful wife told his partners and the police that he was planning to stop by the Winthrop house on the way to pick up some takeout.

notes

I did not submit this piece for potential inclusion in The Damned as it is more mystery than horror. 

Pick up your copy of The Damned here:

http://books2read.com/DamnedDrabbles



I will be giving away one copy of The Damned and one copy of the Hot and Sticky anthology from Passionate Ink during the Spooky Good Time party. 


You can find out more about the Hot and Sticky anthology here.








No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.