Monday, October 12, 2015

OctPoWriMo 2015: Day 13: The Risk of Being Myself


The Risk of Being Myself

If I'm honest with myself
I know I'll never be
Like everybody else

The fear of being exposed
Kept me from taking the chance
Of expressing myself with honesty

Engaging all my senses
I begin the journey
Of learning what it is to be me

~Faycin A Croud~



Imaginary Garden With Real Toads

45 comments:

  1. It is good to take risk of being yourself once in a while .. it helps in understanding and unmasking the real "ME"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and truthful thoughts, being what we are will definitely lead us to enlightenment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the only thing that truly will.
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Discovering what we are is a great journey, great write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the truth shall set you free. The moment we discover ourselves we are truly liberated. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried living a lie for too long, and it never brought me happiness. Might as well try the truth!
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. A good choice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better not to be like everyone else. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that, it never works anyway!
      Thanks for visiting. :-)

      Delete
  7. I think so much of this is true for so many... well done. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing like the joy of finding one's inner self and basking in its discovery :D
    Beautifully penned!

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do deserve to bask in our self discovery. Sometimes it's hard won.
      Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  9. Nice piece and I know there's no on who is like me ... and I've learnt to be very happy about that ;-) Bastet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gift to be unique. Too bad there are some who wish to make us miserable if we aren't what they think we should be. One good thing about age and experience is it tends to make us stronger in standing up for our truth, I think.
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  10. Brilliant and so true for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Makes me want to know what happens next. What did you find?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The work continues. Some days its easier than others. This is an ongoing process which I've been working up to all my life. Now that I'm in my fifth decade of life, I'm finally starting to get it right.
      One thing is true: being who I was told to be wasn't working. Might as well try it this way!
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  12. Only a risk taker knows the taste of success...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been successful in my own right, I suppose. Triumphing over oneself is the greatest success. Now if only I could get the money thing right!
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  13. I love what this poem says, and what it does. The speaker couldn't be herself in front of others because s/he was afraid of exposure, but things have changed and s/he is speaking up. That's a wonderful things; we all should take steps towards the land of us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. a mirror of one's psychology.
    well penned.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A difficult process that is well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think once you do that you will realize that nobody is like nobody else.. all are different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we could all be accepting of that fact. I have known so many who aren't.
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  17. Love this, thank you for sharing with OctPoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting! The team looks forward to it each year. :-)

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. I think I mostly have. It's been difficult at times.
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  19. Yes--begin that journey. It is a good road to take. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm old, and I've been on this road a while. I'm just starting to figure out how to make it work!
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  20. Yes, the trip of self-discovery is one of life's greatest challenges. I encourage you to keep on going.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Being oneself takes courage at times. You keep learning who you are and by all means own it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best thing that one can do, I think.
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  22. yes definitely take time to discover who you are

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a worthwhile endeavor for all of us.
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  23. Hello everyone! This is Faycin's other account. One might say that "Little Fairy" is my subconscious, the wounded inner child, whereas Faycin is the adult trying her best to navigate the world. Either way, I will try to get to all your nice comments tonight. Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.