Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Crime Spree

 

I don't imagine pirates broke into my car, but here's a picture of a pirate.

We’ve had a bit of a crime spree in our little town.

Thieves broke into my car last week.

Just what treasures do you imagine you’ll find in a twelve-year-old, hail-damaged beater?

Several people’s outbuildings were broken into as well.

It makes me wonder how stupid some people are.

What treasures do these criminals think they’ll find in sheds belonging to people dwelling in one of the poorest towns in the state?

A town consisting mostly of disabled and elderly citizens who can’t afford to live elsewhere.

Somehow, people always find a way to further reduce my faith in humanity.

dull-edged apathy

cruelty sharp like a knife 

ice blue like curdled blood

notes

https://experiencewriting.com/2023/10/18/oct-18-prompts-fear-of-the-living-dead-trespasser/

The prompt asked participants to write their poem in the language of a police report in which the burglar or attacker was supernatural.

I wasn't up to doing that. 

I wrote a good old Haibun about an incident that actually happened.

I used this prompt to inspire the Senryu at the end of the Haibun.

https://chevrefeuillescarpediem.blogspot.com/2012/11/carpe-diem-39-blue.html

I'm quite sure the idiots who broke into my car were garden-variety incarnate shitheads. I think a supernatural entity would be able to determine that nothing in my car is worth a damn.

If you'd like to read about tons of super-unnatural things, plus pirates, you need to check out C. L. Hart's Lovecraftian fantasy adventure, The Quest For Captain Sammy's Treasure.


http://books2read.com/PirateGold

The other stories in the anthology are good too. And contain pirates, of course.


Image by Mirko Toller from Pixabay

"I'm very glad you told me about Pirate Gold, Owl. The only problem is, I stayed up all night reading it, and now I'm tired!"

"That's no problem at all, Master Bookseller. Let me direct you to some fine coffee to put the pep back in your step."



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.