Saturday, October 26, 2019

Carpe Diem Weekend Meditation #108 + OctPoWriMo 2019: Day 26: What Is Unspoken (Choka)


what is unspoken
in the silence of autumn
is what I'm feeling
"speak your truth," the leaves whisper
but what can I say?
I'm biting my tongue
because what I want to say
is I still love you
wish you hadn't gone away
please come back to me
walk alongside me again
the crunching of leaves
sweeter walking together

For Team Netherworld's sadly ignored WIP, Fetch
From Pepper to Gerry



8 comments:

  1. I love the rhythm to this. It sort of suits the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Speak your truth" the leaves whisper...loved this line. Autumn can be calming, but has a melancholy feel sometimes, which comes through in your poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Actually, I do everything ass-backwards. For me, the worst depression tends to hit in the spring.

      Delete
  3. A touching poem that resonates for me, Cie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes there are no words except, I see you, I hear you, and I am listening.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.