Image by Enrique Meseguer from Pixabay
Your name is always
On the tip of my tongue
But I must keep it a secret
I can't tell anyone
Your face is always
In the front of my mind
I can't see anything else
I think of you all the time
My need for you is always
In the heart of my heart
But you'll never be mine
And it tears me apart
I want you to want me
I need you so bad
But you don't even see me
Obsession has driven me mad
You look so sweet
But run hot and cold
You left me broken
Lonesome and old
You left me bitter
When your love went sour
There is no healing
My heart's a dead flower
Crushed beneath your boots
In the graveyard of time
I wish I could have you
But you'll never be mine
You look so sweet
But run hot and cold
You left me broken
Lonesome and old
You left me bitter
When your love went sour
There is no healing
My heart's a dead flower
Crushed beneath your boots
In the graveyard of time
I wish I could have you
But you'll never be mine
~Cie~
Song Inspiration:
Dedicated to the late, great Ric Ocasek.
The music lives on forever.


Loved this piece of Obsession!!
ReplyDeleteThank you. :-)
DeleteOnce again, terrific song and poignant verse!
ReplyDeleteThanks. :-D
DeleteThis is another poem that could just as easily be a song.
ReplyDeleteI used to have delusions of being a songwriter. Sometimes they still show up in my poetry.
DeleteThis flows so smoothly, like ice cream on my tongue.
ReplyDeleteThank you! :-D
DeleteI feel your words.
ReplyDeleteThanks. I wish nobody had to. It's a rotten way to feel.
DeleteExcellent. Love is okay but obsession is a terrible thing.
ReplyDeleteThank you. Love may be okay for some. I wouldn't know. It never caused me anything but misery.
DeleteThanks. :-)
ReplyDelete