Image by Reimund Bertrams from Pixabay
when my time has come
will my words be remembered
or fade as i do
~cie~
The only place where you can dream
Living here is not what it seems
--Iron Maiden, Strange World I just want to walk right out of this world 'cause everybody has a poison heart. --The Ramones
We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.
I remember reading somewhere years ago that "out there" in the universe somewhere the voice of Abraham Lincoln (and hundreds of millions of other voices of the departed) is floating. If only there were a way to capture it/them! I suspect it's the same with our poems. They may seem to fade away, but like Abraham Lincoln's voice, they are "out there" and we are being nourished by them, whether we realise it or not.
ReplyDeleteThat's a cool thought--I like it! It may just be so.
DeleteWhen my time comes... I don't think it will matter as much as I might think it would... now.
ReplyDeleteAgreed. In fact, there have been times that I was in so much pain, literally screaming before undergoing anesthesia to relieve the problem at hand, that I would have welcomed the end. It's all about perspective.
DeleteI don't matter very much, but, for some reason, I think my words do a bit. I would hate for them to be entirely lost.
Your words will linger on the internet for a long time I guess... I love this haiku!
ReplyDeleteA deep dive to ponder here...thought-provoking, Cie!
ReplyDeleteI agree. The Internet archive will be interesting for future generations; your words will be read and your voice heard, Cara.
ReplyDeletei am grateful you are sharing your beauty and words with us in the haiku circle. perhaps i wrote todays haiku for YOU!
ReplyDelete