Sunday, October 13, 2019

OctPoWriMo 2019: Day 13: Hug a Tree Maybe (A Tricksy Tanka)

Image by Valentin Sabau from Pixabay

all alone with me
alone in bad company
most assuredly
should I reach and hug a tree
would it haul off and slap me?

~Cie~


10 comments:

  1. I don't think they will slap you !! They only reciprocate LOVE :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think they will slap you !! They only reciprocate LOVE :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's not a happy poem but it made me smile anyhow. Dark humor helps me in dark times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I thought of this one as being more silly than dark. I guess my reputation precedes me!

      Delete
  4. Lol, I doubt it would! Nature is more discerning than humans and it would hug you back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps ask permission first? Although, if it were to hug back that may be just as alarming as getting a slap. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's just that their branches are heavy so a pat on the back feels like a smack!

      Delete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.