Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Heeding Haiku with HA: Three Words


We descend below
Sea formed of pluvial drops
Octopus demesne

~H.P. Liebekraft~


demesne: possession of land as one's own

octopus

Pluvial:
of or pertaining to rain; rainy.
2.
Geology . occurring through the action of rain.
noun:
1.
Geology . a rainy period formerly regarded as coeval with a glacial age, but now recognized as episodic and, in the tropics, as characteristic of interglacial ages.

Cross-Posted to:

9 comments:

  1. Nice words and terrific fun in their use. I like "Octopus demesne" and just may have to find a way to use that casually in conversation : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I picked the words at random and found myself wondering what the hell I was supposed to do with that selection. What initially looked like a bum hand turned out to be a winner, I think! :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They really are cool. There are so many varieties of them too.
      Thanks for visiting, on behalf of Helena. :-)

      Delete
  3. This is really fun -- and thank you for defining the words too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you on behalf of Helena. I'm glad she provided the definitions too!

      Delete
  4. How intriguing! A perfect result that arises when we craft something with random words. Well done. :-)
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great fun ... love the cool words you came up with!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.