Hitchcock was indeed a master
I also loved his dry sense of humor on the Alfred Hitchcock Presents program
A trivia niblet:
Bill Mumy once spoke about working with both Alfred Hitchcock and Rod Serling. He said that Rod Serling was just the sweetest guy, so easy to get along with. If anyone messed up a line, he'd say "hey, that's all right, let's try it again."
Hitchcock, conversely, said:
"Little boy, if you mess up that line again, I'll eat you."
Just a little fun, remembering a talented curmudgeon who was one of my heroes of the film world. They don't make 'em like him any more!
Driving Force
For Spectra Ghostseeker
Sometimes the drive I feel to enter our secret universe
And tell the tales that creep and crawl and dance and sway from synapse to synapse
Is nothing short of frightening
It makes me wonder if perhaps I'm truly mad
In the darkness of my mind, spooky images delight
Where this compulsion to dream darkly comes from is mysterious
Why have I always sought the shadow?
Why have I never desired to dance in the light?
A clock striking midnight sets my heart to pounding
I tear out my heart and throw it upon my keyboard with a thud
I pour out my life's blood in these tales that I craft
Indeed, they may be nonsense to the outside observer peering in the window of my mind
But they mean the world to me
~Dolly~
Word Prompts:
Frightening
Darkness
Spooky
Mysterious
Thud
Striking
Midnight
Pounding


I love that second poem.
ReplyDeleteThe last 5 lines are simply amazing!
ReplyDelete:-)
ReplyDeleteVery visual and striking imagery in the last stanza. I like it!
ReplyDelete