Tuesday, October 21, 2014

OctPoWriMo 2014: Day 21

Image by Julie Jordan Scott

A Perfect Trade-Off

I used to crave fame as a way to leave my mark
But lust for adulation got in the way of creativity
I don't know if I'll leave much of an impression
I suppose I won't make a lasting impact in history
I'll be quickly erased from memory
But at least in the end, I was true to me

~Tempest~



7 comments:

  1. Yes, well said. Mark or not, at least we leave this world honest with ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But lust for adulation got in the way of creativity"

    I so understand this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply put, this is amazing! I totally relate to this, and I'm so glad you wrote and shared it. Thank you for this poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This struck a chord with me as a creative person. Especially as one who is no longer young! Great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being true to oneself is what really matters! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.