Image by Wolfgang Eckert from Pixabay
I'm a mess this morning, People. I woke up to a nasty charley horse in my right calf. It's that time of year when I don't need the furnace on during the day but I do at night because the temperatures drop and when the house is cold, I suffer from muscle cramps.
I lived in a dilapidated mobile home with no heat for many years. It was miserably hot in the summer and freezing cold in the winter. I lived paycheck to paycheck and couldn't afford to get the furnace fixed. There is a pervasive attitude that some people "deserve" to live in such conditions--or worse--and the fact that people can think that way stymies me.
Robert Lee Brewer, architect of the April and November PAD challenges at Writers
Digest, has issued the poetry remix challenge, but I'm going to table that until April 30 and make the remix the last poem in my chapbook manuscript.
Digest, has issued the poetry remix challenge, but I'm going to table that until April 30 and make the remix the last poem in my chapbook manuscript.
There are three days left before we stick a fork in this sucker. Let's get going.
Not the Syrupy Kind
Prompts used
Write a duplex poem.
A duplex poem consists of seven, two-line stanzas. The second line of the first stanza is echoed by (but not identical to) the first line of the second stanza, the second line of the second stanza is echoed by (but not identical to) the first line of the third stanza, and so on. The last line of the poem is the same as the first.
write a love or anti-love poem
I wrote about the kind of love that can save the world. Forget that moon-June-tune nonsense. The world needs altruistic love, charitable love. The world needs tolerance. I often think that tolerance is a more vital quality than absolute acceptance. No human will find every person's way of life acceptable, but we need to tolerate even those whose ideas we disagree with.
Hence, I may find tRump supporters odious, but it is unacceptable for me to burn down their house or even vandalize their oversize truck covered in tRump 2024 stickers and flying two big tRump flags in the back. In order to maintain peace in my community, I need to coexist with these people even if I loathe their ideology.
Things are too violent these days
We need to remember that peace is the way.
~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~
Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.