Tuesday, April 26, 2022

April PAD Challenge/NaPoWriMo 2022 Day 25/26



The gal in the cover thumbnail for today's soundtrack is going surfing. I've only been to the ocean once, and that was 41 years ago. I never learned how to surf, but I developed an admiration not only for anyone who can surf but also for people who can keep their swimsuit bottoms up. 

I learned quickly that it was best for me to wear a one-piece when I rose from the ocean with sand in my drawers and my bikini bottom dropped, exposing my bottom to amused beachgoers. Never mind that horror show, let's double-dip into today's prompts.

My Own Aisling

Prompts used


Write a response poem.

The answer is in the title and the first two lines of the poem.


Write an aisling. An Aisling is an Irish poem that recounts a dream or vision featuring a woman who represents the land or country where the poet lives.

Vaudeville Reincarnated

prompts used


Write a poem using an epic simile. My simile involves a comparison between the birds that congregate in the tree outside my window and Vaudeville performers.


The prompt asks for a Haibun alluding to bird songs or a favorite songbird.

The April PAD Challenge prompt wasn't ready yet, so I'll have to crunch the prompts for the 26th and 27th tomorrow.

Once again, there is no rest for the wicked. I need to work on my story for The First Line, and I need to visit the other participants in the WEP Challenge. But first, I need something to eat. Later!

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~


Ornery Owl says "I'm hungry!"
Free use image from Open Clipart Vectors


Hangry Wyrm says "then let's eat!"
Free use image from Pixabay


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.