Image by Dimitris Vetsikas from Pixabay
Hello People. You may notice that I pushed the soundtrack to the bottom of the post. There's some great music on this one for us Deep House fans, but the "Hot Babe in a Bikini Top Too Tiny To Contain Her Boobs" aesthetic just makes me tired. The video is not just wall-to-wall babes in bikinis, thankfully, and anyway, I don't really watch the videos. Now that we have that out of the way, let's jump into this mess.
We Said
Prompts Used
write your own poem that provides five answers to the same question – without ever specifically identifying the question that is being answered.
Write a "We Blank" poem.
Use the word "tree"
By Your Command
Prompts Used
Write a poem that starts with a command.
Write a what's there or what's not there poem.
What's not there in my lexicon?
The word "obey."
Write a piece in 85 words using the word Lexicon.
Time for a rant. Like, what the fuck, Pixabay? I did a search for the word "feminism" and was blasted in the face with multiple images of tits and ass. Want to know why we still need feminism? There isn't time enough to go into that here, but the short answer is, ask Pixabay.
If you want better images, search for the term "feminist."
Sigh. We certainly have not come a long way, Baby. It's the same shit on a different day in the fight for women to be seen as human.
The poems I wrote today were about surviving sexual assault and dealing with casual misogyny. I spent a fair bit of time yesterday revisiting events that happened around the time that I was sexually assaulted by my ex-boyfriend going on 25 years ago now. I'm not going to dive deeper into the subject with this post, but now you know the gist.
~Ornery Owl Was Broken but Refuses to Be Silenced~
Image by Gordon Johnson from Pixabay


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.