Tuesday, April 12, 2022

April PAD Challenge/NaPoWriMo Day 12



Hello Poetry People! Today I've selected the Romantic Collection from Blackmore's Night to inspire our poetry adventures. Don't feel like I'm telling you that you must write about something romantic. I didn't. The music helps me relax and get where my soul wants to take me on my poetic journey.

Did I just use the word "journey?" Crap!

"Journey" is one of those words that gets overused a lot. But since our souls are on a journey, some on a more perilous one than others, I'll stand by it.

The Bigger They Are

Prompts Used

Write a poem about a very small thing

Prompt word: board

prompt words:
angel and devil
back and front

look and see what is present, in your surroundings and/or your heart, and write of that. Limit 369 words.

The cruel way that larger people are treated is always present in my heart, particularly the way fat women are both denigrated and sexualized. Since the "fattest thing I've ever done" is existed, I can't say "today I'm going to take off the fat suit and enjoy life being treated as a human being." It doesn't work that way.

Being born female insures harassment regardless of size, and this is reflected in the poem.



Write a counting and/or not counting poem

That's all the damage I can do around this pop stand today. I'll return tomorrow with another music prompt.

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~

Image by Marlies Lüer from Pixabay







No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.