Friday, April 29, 2022

April PAD Challenge/NaPoWriMo 2022 Day 29

 

Image by Hans Braxmeier from Pixabay

Here's the image I chose to make a Haiga from my Blue Senryu, The Last Worst Thing. The Haiga image won't appear in the chapbook manuscript, only the Senryu

No music again today. I'm still a bit shaky after my excursion to the dentist yesterday. I find dental work traumatic. I think I'll compose an essay for the Women on Writing Creative Nonfiction Essay Contest featuring my thoughts on that topic.


I've entered this contest several times and have yet to place. Maybe I'm not woman enough or maybe my essays aren't essay enough. Meh. Whatever.

The Last Worst Thing

prompts used

https://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-nine-8/

And here’s our prompt (optional, as always). In certain versions of the classic fairytale Sleeping Beauty, various fairies or witches are invited to a princess’s christening, and bring her gifts. One fairy/witch, however, is not invited, and in revenge for the insult, lays a curse on the princess. Today, I’d like to challenge you to write a poem in which you muse on the gifts you received at birth — whether they are actual presents, like a teddy bear, or talents – like a good singing voice – or circumstances – like a kind older brother, as well as a “curse” you’ve lived with (your grandmother’s insistence on giving you a new and completely creepy porcelain doll for every birthday, a bad singing voice, etc.).

https://www.writersdigest.com/write-better-poetry/2022-april-pad-challenge-day-29

Write a "The Last Blank" poem.

I combined the prompts and wrote a blue Senryu of which I'm quite proud. I'm sure nobody else will like it. That's always the way with the things I write. The ones I like best are the ones everyone else hates.

I'm off to make my Haiga now. 

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~

Free use image by Moonzigg on Pixabay


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.