Monday, April 11, 2022

April PAD Challenge/NaPoWriMo 2022 Day 11



Hello Poetry People. My piece today went in a feminist direction, and not the sexy fun kind. I'll give you the prompts I used and then explain my inspiration.

True Power

Prompts Used

Write a poem about a very large thing

Write a power poem

I am a very large female thing and it's no secret that large women get shit on by society. However, some of you may find it hard to believe is big women are both reviled and targeted as conquests by creepy men who think we're all desperate and easy marks. In my case, you can add being socially awkward and now physically disabled to the mix. 

The end result? Being hit on by the same nasty-ass men who make rude comments about my body because they don't think I have the self-respect to tell them to fuck off entirely.

Being desirable to men is not my life's purpose and it shouldn't be any woman's life's purpose. If that man doesn't like me for me, even if he deigns to accept me despite my being fat and "ugly," what the fuck do I need his useless ass around for? I don't. 

Never accept someone's emotional abuse. You deserve better than that. And, if you happen to be large in a society that keeps trying to sell us dumb diet plans that don't work, fuck that emotional abuse too.



Here's a bonus track for today's inspiration. Someone made a cool animation for Helen Reddy's beautifully eerie song Angie Baby. I hope you enjoy it!



~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~


Fat and Ornery
Free use image from Open Clipart Vectors


Hangry Wyrm says "Riots, not diets!"
Free use image from Pixabay


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.