Sunday, October 19, 2014

OctPoWriMo 2014: Day 19


 Gloom

The rain in spain falls mainly on the
Melancholy musings of my mind
On a gray day spattered with
Drizzle from a dawn that never quite comes
To a dusk that never quite went away
Damp penetrates my very bones
Making me feel like a corpse
Rotting in a moldy tomb

Rainbow makes its way as the sun peeks out from behind
Cloudy curtain of gray froth dripping tears down on the
Grass wet with weeping from the gloomy sky
Somber is the mood on a day gray from a dawn that never quite comes
To a dusk that never left in the first place

~Aurora~

 The Words: 

                  Melancholy 
                  Drizzle 
                  Damp 
                  Rainbow 
                  Cloudy 
                  Grass 
                  Somber
 
http://www.octpowrimo.com/2014/10/raindrops-on-my-windowpane-day-19.html

Aurora's Note:

I'm honestly not entirely sure where this came from. I like the rain, and although I do struggle with depression, I'm not feeling particularly gloomy at the moment, only tired. 
I was listening to Pink Floyd while writing about an event that takes place in a horrible dystopian future, and then I read the Wikipedia entry about Syd Barrett. I don't know if any of this has a thing to do with my morose poem. The words just came, and I just let them flow.
The dog is British, apparently, as is Pink Floyd, so there's the reason why the whimsical mutt appears with an incongruously depressing poem.

8 comments:

  1. Brilliantly gloomy, though! It reflects accurately the state of things here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my neck of the woods, we are having warm days, cool nights, and it's quite dry.
      Thanks for stopping by, on behalf of Aurora. :-)

      Delete
  2. "Cloudy curtain of gray froth dripping tears down on the
    Grass wet with weeping from the gloomy sky"

    Such beautiful imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the "I'm only happy when it rains" kind of personality. Well, of course I'm not ONLY happy when it rains, but I would probably get on well enough with the weather in Seattle.
    Thanks for visiting, on behalf of Aurora. I hope your day is sunny! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well ---- I'd say that free for all just write without thinking for 10 minutes about the rain produced something rather interesting...the partial repeatition of the two middle lines at the end is great ...and I liked what I read ... though I cannot tell you why ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ... BTW ... just thought I'd let you know, I'm Bastet on WP ... but when I comment on Blogger I comment with my blogger account ... have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Moody, irreverent, and evocative.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.