Thursday, November 9, 2023

Storms Predicted

 

Gold Creek Pond by Adam Chung on Unsplash


bad storms predicted

cold winds blowing from the north

meet warm southern air

notes

https://www.writersdigest.com/write-better-poetry/2023-november-pad-chapbook-challenge-day-9

Write a direction poem.

I was checking out the weather and saw that harsh storms are being predicted, particularly in Texas, as unseasonably warm air from the South runs into cold air coming from the North. 

As someone whose poetry, in my younger years, tended to run into epic saga territory and the longer the saga the worse the poetry became, I needed to hone the fine art of brevity. I appreciate Haiku's "just the facts" nature for this reason.

In days of yore, I occasionally participated in an online poetry group that called it quits a few years back and probably should have done so sooner. There was far too much drama going on at the end. One of the hosts had a vehement hatred of Haiku, insisting that no one write a Haiku in response to their prompts. This always made me want to write a Haiku in response to the prompt.

As is almost always the case, I added text art and effects to the base image using Pixlr to create my Haiga. You are welcome to share the result, but please credit Cara Hartley/Ornery Owl if you do. A link back to this blog would also be appreciated.

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~

Image by Tantrum from Pixabay





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.