Saturday, November 25, 2023

Dreams of Eternal Summer

 

White Trees by Atle Mo on Unsplash


a tropical beach

land of eternal summer

I wish I could go


the cold air cuts to my bones

in this big old winter house

notes

https://www.writersdigest.com/write-better-poetry/2023-november-pad-chapbook-challenge-day-25

Write a response poem.

I am responding to the wickedly cold weather. It is twelve degrees Fahrenheit. A chinook wind is supposed to blow through and heat things up to a balmy 25 degrees.

https://chevrefeuillescarpediem.blogspot.com/2012/11/carpe-diem-51-beach.html

I've only been to the beach once in my life. At this moment I wish I was in beautiful La Jolla again rather than freezing my ass off in Colorado, which is where I was born, where I have lived all my life, and where I will, no doubt, end my days. 

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~

Image by Alexa from Pixabay

This frigid weather has Ornery Owl feeling a little discombobulated.


New Sticker
You can get this Haiga as a sticker.


All my stickers are 50% off right now. Just $3.63 for a sheet of 20.


Free use image by Gordon Johnson on Pixabay

Legal Eagle's Corner



 BY: credit must be given to the creator.
 NC: Only noncommercial uses of the work are permitted.
 SA: Adaptations must be shared under the same terms.

If you want to use this Haiga for commercial purposes, drop a comment with your contact information and I'll contact you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.