Sunday, November 12, 2023

Search For the Fountain of Youth

 

Image by J Lloa from Pixabay


impossible dream

search for the fountain of youth

a vain waste of time

notes

https://www.writersdigest.com/write-better-poetry/2023-november-pad-chapbook-challenge-day-12

Write a blank for blank poem.

https://chevrefeuillescarpediem.blogspot.com/2012/11/carpe-diem-42-fountain.html

Fountain

I added text art and effects to the base image using Pixlr. You are welcome to share the resulting Haiga, but please credit Cara Hartley/Ornery Owl if you do. A link back to this blog would also be appreciated.

I spent a couple hundred dollars a month on makeup and cosmetic treatments when I was younger. I know some people enjoy wearing makeup, but for me, it was a sign of my deep insecurity. I haven't worn makeup in close to 25 years. 

It isn't that I woke up one day thinking I was ever so beautiful. I don't think I'm beautiful. Quite the opposite, in fact. What I do think is it shouldn't matter as much as it does, and I've run out of fucks to give for other people's opinions on my appearance.

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~

Image by Willgard Krause from Pixabay

If ya got it, flaunt it!
Ornery Owl has poems. And stories.






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.