Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Shell

 

Shell by Milaga Vigerova on Unsplash


what was in the shell?

a mystery left behind

a cosmos itself

notes

https://www.writersdigest.com/write-better-poetry/2023-november-pad-chapbook-challenge-day-22

Write a setting poem.

The shell is both the object and the setting. Something once called it home. There are probably microscopic animals that currently call it home.

https://chevrefeuillescarpediem.blogspot.com/2012/11/carpe-diem-50-circle-of-life.html

Prompt: The circle of life

Something lived within this shell. It is now gone. Did it reincarnate as something else while its soft parts provided food for other organisms? I don't claim to have an answer to that. It is interesting to consider both the spiritual possibilities and the purely physical realities. 

I will be adding more products to my Zazzle store soon. The last couple of days have kind of taken the wind out of my sails. Also my sales, I guess. This has been a very stressful month. I am honestly really ready for NaNoHellMo to be done. I started out strong this year. I was rocking the old word count like a hurricane. Now my tail feathers are dragging and I'm feeling like "Ugh, isn't this over with yet? Why the hell do I do this to myself every year?"

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~

Free use image by H. K. Mennist on Pixabay
Ornery Owl portrayed by fruits and vegetables.
"I'm not worm food yet, Hangry."


Hangry Wyrm
Free use image by Clker Free Vector Images
"You're too old and tough to ever be Wyrm food, Owl!"


Let's Get Legal



 BY: credit must be given to the creator.
 NC: Only noncommercial uses of the work are permitted.
 SA: Adaptations must be shared under the same terms.

If you want to use this Haiga for commercial purposes, drop a comment with your contact information and I'll contact you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.