chasing a fly
in silent meditation mode
eyes fixed
chasing a fly
which keeps buzzing about me
distracting my thoughts
in silent meditation mode
I attempt to fell the beast
won't you let me be?
eyes fixed
I raise my hand to strike down
it flies out of reach
~Chèvrefeuille & Cie~
Notes:
The "sleigh" of this Troiku was created by Chèvrefeuille. The Three Horses of the Apocalypse were created by me.
This poem actually fits in with my "Legend of Seacliffe" poetry place-holders. The Legend of Seacliffe's protagonist, Randal Messana, is based on my son Michael. Michael loves bees and has neutral to favorable opinions on most insects. However, he despises flies.
I am imagining a scene where Randal is being distracted by a particularly persistent fly while tending to his horse team. Charlie and Jorn are trying to be polite and not laugh at Randal's predicament, but they are well amused.



well done :) - they are pesky and distracting; for something so small, they certainly are formidable foes
ReplyDeleteI have swatted many a fly - used to think it fun as a child. But I'm glad this one got away (I mean, it did help your write this poem :)
ReplyDeleteThat was a lucky one. Thanks for dtopping by to read mine. Happy Sunday
ReplyDeleteMuch❤🕊❤love
A few of us wrote poems that buzz, bees, and flies. Smiles. I enjoyed this!
ReplyDeleteThey don't get caught easily do they?
ReplyDeleteIt has lived to thrive another day!
ReplyDeleteI think they have radar.
ReplyDeleteSometimes we should let them go... really.
ReplyDeleteI like the vividness of the moment, how you've captured so many details in such few words. I can almost hear the smack (that never lands).
ReplyDelete