Thursday, October 11, 2018

OctPoWriMo 2018: Day 11: Fallen Through


A life filled with events unexpected
A soul epitomizing imperfection
Goes slipping through the cracks unnoticed
One fateful night she was forced to see with new eyes
She now fights to begin again in spite of everything

~Cie~


Notes:
I began with the intent to make a cascade poem, but once these five lines were there in front of me, I felt that extending the poem would only make it seem unnecessarily verbose. I felt that this poem needed to be brief and to the point, so I am leaving it as a stark free verse.

16 comments:

  1. Less is more sometimes. Great poem! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! This is a haunting line: "She now fights to begin again in spite of everything".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. In spite of the many times I've been knocked down, I'm either too stubborn or too stupid to stay down.

      Delete
  3. It conveys all it needs to in five lines and love the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brief and to the point it is, and says so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! I wish you had a "like" button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like Wordpress for it's "like" button, but I don't like it for much else. I had some Wordpress blogs for a while, but I really prefer working with Blogger.

      Delete
  6. Length is not everything in a poem. This was fantastic just as is.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.