Princess Ondina receives an omen
Once in a moment
Which extended for hours
The minutes became days
'Neath stars more beautiful than flowers
The clock ticked a timeless rhythm
In the hourglass there was a glow
Foretelling an event in the future
Something which my heart needed to know
The events of my past were awful
The present gives no relief
The hourglass foretold to me
Of one who would steal my heart like a thief
Not a thief with malicious intent
A thief with a delicate touch
Of all the moments in this life's chronology
This one means so very much
The night was filled with terror
My heart filled with hope and fear
For you would bring me my greatest treasure
Though all would end in tears
Princess Ondina Rvaga
Regent, Western Zecor
Note:
Yes, it's another story-poem from the world of Fetch.
People aren't too keen for these poems. I think I've gotten one comment on them in the time since Fetch sprang into being close to four years ago.
Nonetheless, I will keep writing them. They keep the story alive although I've not been able to work on it directly for quite some time.
To paraquote Dr. Frank N. Furter, "I didn't make it for you!"
So, there's that.


they go together, hope and fear :) I like your story poem, Cara :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! To be honest, I do too. :-D
Deletei like the time bending aspect of your poem-story
ReplyDeleteThank you. I'm glad I was able to bring it across effectively. :-)
DeleteHope and fear interestinlgy interwoven!
ReplyDeleteThanks--I try! :-D
Delete