Friday, October 26, 2018

OctPoWriMo 2018: Day 26: Mixed Messages


I need to be more open, I am told
Not to keep my truth a secret, to be bold
Not to be introspective, to reveal
Every thought I think and feeling that I feel

But when I follow this advice, then all I find
Are those who say: don't be quick to speak your mind
You must maintain an air of mystery
Don't be in a hurry to set your secrets free

Have an open heart but don't wear it on your sleeve
Don't let the sun catch you crying, no-one wants to see you grieve
Be real and true and honest, but don't be an open book
Don't keep your light hidden inside, let the world have a look

With all this conflicting information
I just want to catch the train and leave the station

~Cie~


17 comments:

  1. Thus far, and no further...says who? Good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the contradictions, life is full of contradictions, indeed! great poem, Cara :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I feel like this so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have at times been criticized for being too open and too closed by the same person at different times on the same day! It's baffling.

      Delete
  4. Society couaght red handed... May I share it on my Facebook page?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cara, I enjoy reading your writes. It has that personal touch which a few can manage to write.This one is powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There is something to be said for being open and honest. I guess whether what is said is positive or negative is up to the person saying it!

      Delete
  6. Yeah. I hear you. So many mixed messages out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always! It's frustrated me from the time I was a child. Be honest--but not TOO honest!

      Delete
  7. sing your life's song, how, where, and when you wish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I sing it inside myself because I don't want people asking about it. ;-)

      Delete
  8. :) I know exactly how you're feeling! You can't please everyone! People are some of the most complicated beings on the planet.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.