Thursday, October 18, 2018

OctPoWriMo 2018: Day 18: Once Upon a Time


Once upon a time
In a world where everything seemed possible
I cast a spell of enchantment
I believed my prestidigitation
Would inspire fascination
In the souls of those sorts of people
With whom I wished to spend my time
But it was only hocus pocus
My magic was out of focus
And I was but the punchline
Of a rotten cosmic joke

~Cie~


8 comments:

  1. Damn those rotten cosmic jokes! I definitely identify with this, Cara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it's often the best people who can identify.
      I sometimes wish I were like Beavis and Butthead: utterly oblivious to rejection and pretty much everything else as well.

      Delete
  2. "hocus pocus out of focus" is a great line and contrasts with the poem, which is as incisive as a scalpel. dispelling indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Sometimes I succeed! Other times I manage to beat around the bush far too much.

      Delete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.