Sunday, October 28, 2018

OctPoWriMo 2018: Day 28: Schism


Demanding that one
Who has been repeatedly broken
Must make the choice
To appear whole and happy
In order to bridge the chasm
Between rejection and belonging
Only serves to foster
A life built on a lie
The schism remains
And the least misstep
Means falling back into the abyss

~Cie~



5 comments:

  1. Fantastic poem with a very valid question. We should not have to be who society wants us to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dichotomy of what we are and what others want us to be, beautifully captured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are what we are and that is enough I say!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.