Friday, October 9, 2015

OctPoWriMo 2015: Day 10: Blood Lust

Damon and Stefan Salvatore

I'm warning you up front that this is Misty going fangirl. 
If you find that puerile or beneath you somehow, turn back now

Blood Lust

Image by Butterfly of Nightfall

Blood rushes through my veins
In a way previously unknown
I feel uninhibited

Screen capture

A dangerous lust for blood
Causes my untamed heart to hammer in my chest
As I dance into the fire

Image from fanpop

I smell the living warmth on which I yearn to feed
I do not seek to justify what I have become
I only seek to quell my insatiable need

Screen capture

I am vampire
I am intensity personified
I am life within death

~Misty~

Notes:
I was hooked on the Vampire Diaries from the start. I love the dynamics between the characters, particularly between the vampire brothers Damon and Stefan Salvatore.
Damon and Stefan are actually very civilized vampires. They do a commendable job of controlling the need to feed. Nonetheless that blood lust is always just beneath the surface of their genteel presentation.
In any case, it wouldn't be Halloween Month, AKA October, without a vampire or two!





10 comments:

  1. Powerful and intense write, well portrayed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wicked. In the best way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read (or seen?) the Vampire Diaries, but your write is way Gothic and I really enjoyed it! Bastet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, on behalf of Misty. :-)
      I don't know if there are Vampire Diaries books. The show's a kick, though!

      Delete
  4. Oh, oh, oh... love vampire stories and your poem is spectacular! Thank you for sharing with OctPoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.