Saturday, October 17, 2015

OctPoWriMo 2015: Day 18: Our Secret World


Our Secret World

The Netherworld is the place we run
To escape real world demands
It's the one place where we can truly be ourselves
It doesn't matter if no-one else understands

~Mo~



Notes:
Over the years, the members of Team Netherworld have heard how our blogs are "stupid" and "weird," and so are we. Our founder, The Real Cie, gets the brunt of this as she created the Netherworld blogs and is the member of our group who is the most active, even if much of what she does is behind the scenes as our editor, making sure that each post will adhere to the Netherworld mythology.
It is so hurtful to have your creative work constantly torn down. Cie is a sensitive person, as is everyone in our group. Most of us have had to deal with people who just don't get where we're coming from, who think we should just put our foolish flights of fancy aside.
This is a terrible thing to say, especially as in some cases, the flights of fancy may be the one thing that keeps a person hanging on.
The Netherworld is real to us. It may not be "concrete reality," but in some ways it is more real.
As the verse on our blog header at Dark Hearts Love Too says, it's "the only place where you can dream, living here is not what it seems."
Bless Steve Harris for writing those magical lyrics. He's been an inspiration to us.

~Mo~

16 comments:

  1. Very nice. Thanks for sharing your world with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should not bother what others say. What is important is that we sustain we all that bile around. I loved your poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite true, that it doesn't matter if others don't understand. It's only important that we understand ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that people tear what you're doing here down. I've been reading here almost every day in October and I find it delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoy your work too, Carol. It's nice to meet a kindred spirit! Thank you for your comment, on behalf of Mo. :-)

      Delete
  5. I totally agree with you, the world cannot understands a true heart , I love your posts and the dreamworld, I too have my own magical imaginary dreamworld where I can be what i want to be. It is so sad that people do not understand such world and say it illogical but they donot know what happiness they miss out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that often those who condemn others as having "too much imagination" are very unhappy people themselves.
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. a moving write ... and every vision of life and understanding is unique and therefore precious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think so too. Sadly, some minds are not as open about things.

      Delete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.