Friday, October 31, 2014

OctPoWriMo 2014: Day 31


Prompted--Or Possessed?

Those who just don't understand
Are always questioning me
Why am I obsessed with writing
Why do I like poetry?

It sure as hell don't pay the bills
But when the words start flowing
Nothing can beat the experience
The excitement just keeps growing

Some people like to party
Some people like to drink
But I can't beat the feeling
When my imagination makes me think

I've been hurt a lot in love
Sometimes I've lost all hope
Writing is what keeps me alive
When I'm at the end of my rope

I can take a journey
To anywhere I please
I can conjure up such excitement
That it brings me to my knees

Nowhere is there such wonderment
As exists inside my mind
Each day I feel the gratitude
For the new wonders that I find

I'm kind of shy about sharing
These creations that I craft
I fear the scorn of the naysayers
I hear their derisive laugh

Still, I keep on writing
Sometimes I just don't know why
It's something that I've always done
And I will do it till I die

~Helena~



Helena's note:
I was glad to be a part of it.
Hope to see you all next year!


Word Prompts:


Poetry
Writing
Experience
Journey
Flowing
Sharing


Feeling Words:


Feeling
Love
Hope
Excitement
Gratitude
Wonderment

7 comments:

  1. I can relate to this. Keep writing and sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this! You've described the creative experience of writing (or making any art for that matter, I think) perfectly. It's been a pleasure reading you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you wrote and shared. No naysayers here. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you and have enjoyed your work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Don't listen to the naysyaers, keep writing!
    They don't know what they're missing ;-)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.