Sunday, September 21, 2014

Interpreting St. Francis of Assisi in Haiku

http://chevrefeuillescarpediem.blogspot.com/2014/09/carpe-diem-special-108-words-by-francis.html

In spite of my faults
I hope you will remember
What I did with love

~Wanda~

We were given these words of St. Francis to interpret in a Haiku:
"Remember that when you leave this earth you can taken nothing of what you have received, but only what you have a given: a full heart, enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice, and courage".

10 comments:

  1. Wanda, your words are awesome. They have so much depth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so kindly. I enjoyed reading your work as well. :-)

      Delete
  2. Welcome at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Wanda and with such a wonderful and loving haiku in which a deeper meaning is hidden. Thank you for visiting and participating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a sentiment that could be carved on each of our tombstones.

    Journey's End

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree!
    Thanks for visiting, on behalf of Wanda. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic interpretation.. just wish it could be heard...

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.