death falls to darkness
or does the soul perhaps leap
to a crystal pond
~Cie~
Notes:
Today's Carpe Diem prompt involved revising this well-known Haiku by Matsuo Basho (1644 - 1694).
old pond
a frog jumps into
the sound of water
Today's Mindlovemisery's Menagerie prompt was crystals. We were asked to follow traditional Haiku rules, but, sorry, no can do when such a stellar Senryu using both prompts has hijacked my synapses!
I dreamed that my wonderful cat Trinity, whom I had to have put to sleep three years ago on November 9 due to brain and lung cancer, was here with me. November 9, 2016, was a garbage day in history. I lost my great friend on that day, and Lord Dampnut was elected "president." It was a terrible time to be alive.
She was such a special cat. I miss her big, chonky body, her big, chonky personality, and her big, loud purr.




I'm so sorry about your cat, Cara. I know how you felt, having lost one of mine a few years ago - only days before my daughter's wedding. I'd like to think the soul leaps into a crystal pond.
ReplyDeleteI like to think they are on the other side waiting for me. I go the rounds with my thoughts on what happens following the death of the body. Sometimes I have no doubt at all that the soul continues on, and I have seen some shit to support that. (I've seen a few ghosts.) But other times, I fear that those who believe that there is nothing in the hereafter are correct and it keeps me awake. Then again, most things keep me awake.
DeleteMay precious purrs fondly infiltrate your memories...
ReplyDeleteA little verse that packs a punch. I think I'd like to leap into a crystal pond. ~Jules~
(I fixed your issue - you aren't the only one with comment problems. I blame it on B & WP not getting along most of the time... But WP has it's own issues...)
Thank you. :-)
DeleteI've never gotten along with Wordpress. I had a couple blogs there for a short time but went back to Blogger. Blogger has its issues too, but I find it more user-friendly than Wordpress.
I need to remember to just log in with my Facebook account on Wordpress. Usually it allows me to comment using the Facebook account.