Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Carpe Diem #1783: Eggplant


when the time has come
for planting a new garden
can I grow eggplant?

~Cie~




Ghost Town Grover Sez:
"Why the heck do they call it an egg-plant? It's a plant, but it ain't an egg, and it don't grow eggs or lay eggs neither!"


Cactus Clem Sez:
"Ornery, maybe y'all oughta put out a nest so's yer eggplant will have a nice place to lay its eggs. Or do ya think maybe we oughta build it a coop like fer chickens?"


2 comments:

  1. Nice one, Cara - I hope the time for planting comes very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll probably be February or March. Eggplant might be one of those crops that has to wait for the greenhouse to be built. I should probably start with something a little easier, like tomatoes, which can be kept in pots and moved inside when it's cold.

      Delete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.