Saturday, October 13, 2018

OctPoWriMo 2018: Day 13: National Disgrace


Being kind is
What everyone should do
Do you?
You do not
Not do right
Right is might
Might you consider
Consider the absolute
Absolute power
Power corrupts
Corrupts when misused
Misused to abuse
Abuse those you see
See as less
Less than nothing
Nothing is what
What you discover
Discover within 
Within your rotten
Rotten, shriveled heart
Heart hard as stone
Stone over graves
Graves of those
Those who died
Died in vain
Vain sacrifice
Sacrifice for what
What but ambition
Ambition of soulless
Soulless rich men
Men who don't care
Care for anything
Anything but money
Money to buy
Buy the best tomb
Tomb to commemorate
Commemorate their lives
Lives full of lies
Lies always bellowing 
Bellowing forth
Forth from your mouth
Mouth always open
Open like a sewer
Sewer spewing waste
Waste of words
Words of deception
Deception of the masses
Masses left wanting
Wanting
Masses

~Sly Has Spoken~

Note:
Written by Cie's civic-minded alter-ego, Sly Fawkes.
Dedicated to the crook in the White House

Image copyright juliahenze @123rf.com





12 comments:

  1. Great flow here. Liberating to write Blitz poems, isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit like rapping on paper (as opposed to wrapping paper.) I do enjoy this form.

      Delete
  2. national disgrace it is! great writing, Cara :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Profound! You are a visionary. Awesome write..Cara :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, but I think I'm just an observer. The Oaf in the Oval Office provides a plethora of verbal ammo with his awful antics.

      Delete
  4. Terrific use of the blitz form!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.