Sunday, April 23, 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017: Day 23: Cie's Elevenie

A picture of my eye taken by me last year. A shadow caused my forehead to look rather odd and inhuman. I had a field day with this in Photoshop.

Me
Useless thing
On son's couch
Slept there last night
Ugh

~Cie~


Note:
Falling asleep in my clothes always makes me feel particularly wretched.
I'm a home health nurse who isn't working my regular job at the moment because my patient will be in ICU for a few days. This means I'm not making an income. I need to try to get my auxiliary car working tomorrow and maybe drive for Uber Eats for a few hours to pick up a little money to tide me over until my patient comes home or the agency can find me a fill-in case. I feel kind of gross and like an extra appendage at the moment, and the poem popped into my head to reflect that.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. This made me smile. I hope you feel less "ugh" soon, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! I hope you feel better. But nice elevenie!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.