Copyright: lightwise / 123RF Stock Photo
Dear Mal
I still don't understand
And I suppose I never will
The awful thing that's happening
To your wonderful mind
A mind which you, perhaps, did not always
Think was so wonderful
Because sometimes it liked
To play mean tricks on you
It liked to make you think
You needed things you didn't
Like alcohol and cigarettes
It liked to make you think you weren't enough
But in spite of the glitches
Yours was a sharp mind
The chords hit like a hammer
The words cut like a knife
You didn't think you had much to go on
When it came to looks
Your mind is what defined you
Creating the hooks that cooked
We are none of us our body
And our brain is not our self
Still, it's terribly sad
This thing that has happened
To the brilliant brain
Of a humble man
You never said "why me?"
So I'm saying it now
Those who knew him
And those who loved him although we didn't
Demand now to know
Why him?
Love,
Cie
Malcolm Young
Just "Mal" to those who knew him well
(Dad to a daughter and son who loved him very much)
Diagnosed with dementia in 2008 at age 55
He once said that the only time he found peace was when he was playing music
He was a somewhat troubled soul, but he tried not to let his issues become problems for those he cared about







No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.