Thursday, April 20, 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017: Day 20: Q is for Queen


This queen will no longer
Turn herself into a pawn
In an attempt to conquer the affections of
Pawns pretending to be kings
Or vainglorious knights
She would rather play by her own rules
Then spend another minute
Spitting up her bitterness
Along with half of her last drink
From now on
This queen decides her own fate
Check
Mate not necessary

Created by Cie and Koni
With due credit to Suzanne Vega


2 comments:

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.