Miss Aubvey Winslow shares her Wise Words of Wisdom with the Web
Dearest World Wide Webbin' Keyboard Warriors
Listen up, cause Miss Aubvey's got something to say
Those of y'all who are goin' online and tellin' folks to kill themselves
Cause they don't agree with your thoughts on whatever and what have you
Bless your little hearts!
That really ain't very nice
I ain't here to tell y'all what to do
I only ask you to think twice
How would you feel if someone was to say to you
That you oughta cut your wrists
Or find a tree and hang yourself
That really just ain't right
Now, maybe it wouldn't bother you too much
Maybe you're all rough and tough
But some folks ain't had an easy time in life
And maybe it wouldn't take much
To make 'em actually take a jump in the drink
Some folks are standin' on the brink
I ain't sayin' you gotta agree with every ole body's every ole thought
I'm just askin' you not to let the rotten come pourin' out
Just 'cause you disagree
With someone's religion or politickin' or sports team or what have you
Do like Miss Aubvey
Put a little spoonful of sugar on it
Let it melt in your mouth and mind a while
'Fore you let it come pourin' out on your keyboard.
Love,
Aubvey
If there is something I contempt beyond anything is people poisoning others life with contempt... talk about throwing stones in house of glass.
ReplyDeleteAubvey truly agrees, and adds that the people throwing stones must be terribly miserable folk to behave so awfully.
DeleteLoved the colloquialisms. Also the sentiments.
ReplyDeletePowerfully expressed!!
ReplyDeletePoint well taken, don't understand why some people feel the need to pass on their pain,,,
ReplyDeleteAmen, Miss Aubvey!
ReplyDeleteIf only!
ReplyDeleteAmen. Twice.
ReplyDeleteYes, very good point, stop it, people. (Though I might think of myself as a keyboard warrior of another stripe)
ReplyDeleteI agree, some people are so hateful, full of hate. Wish your words could help.
ReplyDeleteBeing from the south, these words really resonate with me. We all need more kindness. :)
ReplyDelete