Sunday, April 3, 2016

Rock and Roll Fadeout


Did you think it would always be just fun?
Youth is wasted on the young
In some ways, in spite of the overt silliness
None of it was fun at all
It was a method to save you from feeling
Small and worthless
To silence the inner turmoil
A way to escape the fear inside

Love, CIE


Prompts used:
Withrealtoads.blogspot.com
Flash 55

Napowrimo.net
Write a fan letter

2 comments:

  1. Fortune, honor, beauty, youth
    Are but blossoms dying
    Wanton pleasure, doting love
    Are but shadows flying
    All our joys
    Are but toys
    Idle thoughts deceiving
    None hath power
    Of an hour
    O'er the life's bereaving

    The author is Thomas Campion (1567-1620)
    It was published in 1606
    I remembered that it was one that you like. It seemed appropriate.
    Hugs!

    http://www.luminarium.org/renlit/whatday.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. (weeps)

    Beautiful poem, Cie, and beautiful share, Dolly.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.