Photoshop manipulation by The Real CIE
The rock and roll dream
Is in high voltage fadeout decay
The breakdown seems even more profound
During the cruelest month
Love lies bleeding like an open wound
In the moonlight shadow of the dying light
Compound carrion when the music's over
Deep cuts the knife into the flesh of the victim shackled in the bad girl's bracelets
I leave flowers for the lost on a grave buried by time and dust
I search for my heavenly treasure on a black planet
Just like the driftwood of a dream
I lie broken on the shores of time
CIE
Prompts used:
Withrealtoads.blogspot.com
Create a poem into which we weave the titles of three of our own poems. (I used more than three.)
Napowrimo.net
Choose titles from the spines of your books to use in your poetry.
I am not home. I used songs from my playlist.

No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.