Wednesday, October 21, 2015

OctPoWriMo 2015: Day 21: Overwhelmed


Overwhelmed

If I admit I'm feeling overwhelmed
Others turn away
Or tell me to keep smiling anyway

When I feel overwhelmed
I'd like to walk into a swamp
Let the brackish water engulf me
Let myself submerge beneath the muck

Too many obligations bury me beneath their weight
Slam into me like a flood following a deluge
Inundate my life
I can find nothing of sympathy anywhere

When I am overwhelmed, I become quite sure
That no-one cares a hill of beans for me

~Cie~



Notes:
Things these days are ridiculous. The common person can never get ahead. Many of us die buried under a mountain of debt and dead dreams, though not for lack of trying.
My health insurance costs $400 a month. This is actually the cheapest way to go. The other options involve insanely high deductibles. My deductible is $250 a year.
My son's student loans are about to go into default and I am helping him as he is not currently employed. He has issues with depression, anxiety and agoraphobia and is on the high functioning end of the autism spectrum. Finding work is difficult for him. 
I have more car repairs coming.
I'm still paying for my own schooling per my contract, although I haven't been able to take any classes in a year.
I already work full time. I don't know how I could handle a second job along with my outside obligations.
I make well above minimum wage. I don't know how people who make minimum wage survive.
It's simply wrong that people have to strive to see nothing come from it.
My suicide ideation increases exponentially when I become this overwhelmed. Note that I said suicide ideation, not planning. Most of the methods I fantasize about using to off myself are ridiculous and impractical. 
If I went to the ER every time I experienced suicide ideation, I'd have to live there. Then I'd owe them money. Besides, I hate that place. It isn't very welcoming or comfortable.
I like my job. I love my family, although I seem to be a bad fit with them. They neither seem to like nor understand nor care about me. I love the things I dream up when I'm writing. I wish I could live in that world. 
I hate my life.
Please don't tell me not to be "negative." This is my place to let it all hang out. If one doesn't let negativity out, it eats them up from within. 

~Cie~

Afterthought:
Things have improved since the time I wrote this. I still have overwhelming money problems, but I don't feel as taken for granted. It is more important than people realize to feel as if you are somehow valued.

7 comments:

  1. Sweetheart, I wish I could help, but I'm broke too. :-(
    As you know, teacher's aides don't tend to live high on the hog.
    One little thing, I did get comments caught up on day 12.
    Hugs and I hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is like this.. be like a spoonful of salt in a flowing river rather than in a glass of water..
    there are times when we all feel this way.. do not get carried away.. keep writing.. writing helps in letting the emotions flush out making us feel light.

    Stay Blessed..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are living a life of millions who goes through the same grind.We are not different. We each carry our own baggage and survive. Your have penned the woes of survival with words. Words do heal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Hope you have a better life soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. of course,
    it is hard to be positive when negative actions are taken on us.

    powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent.

    http://bluebellbooks.blogspot.in/

    check out short story slam week 31 today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I care, Darling. Wouldn't pick on you if I didn't!
    I wish I wasn't broke too. I'd sure help out if I could!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.