Friday, September 1, 2023

The Weight of My Heart

 

Free use image by Egor Myznik on Unsplash

Text art and effects added by Cara Hartley/Ornery Owl
You are welcome to use the image, but please credit me.
Click to enlarge.

my life seems serene

to those viewing the surface

veiled chaos beneath.

when it is placed on the scale

to be weighed by Anubis

my heart is heavy.

I am again rejected

forever misunderstood.

Notes

A couple of prompts inspired me but I didn't correctly adhere to either of them.

https://girlieontheedge1.wordpress.com/2023/08/30/its-thursdays-six-sentence-story-link-up-53/

Prompt word: scale

https://www.writersdigest.com/write-better-poetry/wednesday-poetry-prompts-667

Write a restless poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.